Andrew ( Gabreal ) Livshits
INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY, INC
NEW COMPOSITE MATERIAL
The company has developed a new composite material having high thermal conductivity properties, and thus has a high conductive properties;
The new composite material is capable of in a very short period of time to accept and dissipate large amounts of energy;
The material can absorb and transmit large amounts of energy at a distance and has the utmost mechanical strength, has the highest reliability, while maintaining precise geometric forms under the influence of high concentrations of temperature, energy and other hazardous or extreme impacts.
The formulation of a new composite material as a product:
- Composite material having well-developed three-dimensional (volumetric) structure, consisting of a set of identical layered spherical shells covering the spherical nucleus, the nucleus with shells (capsule), bonded together through a series of successive operations, and have an equivalent structure for all capsules form the contact between them;
- Composite material has properties in excess of thermal conductivity and electrical conductivity in excess;
- A composite material has high mechanical strength, not prone to the emergence of internal mechanical and thermal stresses, and as a consequence of these phenomena - the emergence of internal deformation;
- A composite material can be exposed to high pressure and is capable under the influence of these pressures, at least for part of the components included in the mode of coldly-flow, which allows to calibrate the three-dimensional geometry of the structure and provide a high degree of repeatability is very accurate geometrical dimensions of the structure;
Variants of the commercial product name, as the material:
- A composite material, which is also the conductor of electric current and efficient heat conductor, which has developed a three-dimensional conductive structure with uniformly distributed nodes in it (microspheres), the points of maximum thermal conductivity of non-conductors of electric current;
(That is made of material with a maximum thermal conductivity of diamond-like, which the heat transfer coefficient is equal to 1200, and who is not a conductor of electrical current);
The material has the form of three-dimensional lattice whose sites are located in the diamond areas that are best known heat conductor, separated in three-dimensional structure from each other - brass shells, which are an excellent heat conductor and the conductor.
Thus, for the electric current (the most important current in pulsed mode) composite structure is a kind of pseudo-spongy or pseudo-porous volume, as indicated throughout the volume of conductive material, uniformly distributed dielectric spherical space, commensurate with the size of the conductive area;
This fact contributes to a sufficiently rapid and uniform dispersion of current from one side and a rapid, efficient. uniform heat dissipation on the other hand, due to phenomena taking place in the same volume of material;
- As a material for the shell provides most of the known plastic materials, for example - copper or silver, and which have a maximum electrical conductivity of known materials, when exposed to high pressure in a confined space, these metals can be increased to a state of fluidity, coldly;
- Subject to the application of high pressure in the three-dimensional confinement, the nature and form of interaction between the capsules in the structure are modified, which allows you to create products with the necessary technical and technological condition that is not available with conventional technology.
The new material can get their unusual properties due to the appropriate technological methods, which by its originality and become the base for the original complex process - the object of the invention and integrative basic applicative series of inventions aimed at the development and improvement of properties of composite materials and their derivatives.
Names and definitions of the new technology of composite materials:
The method of manufacturing the pseudo-sponge or pseudo-porous composite material, which is a set of nano-capsules joined together in a three-dimensional structure which has been subjected to the final stage of manufacture, - the volume of plastic deformation in calibrating mode, coldly-strength plastic material for the shell nano-capsules.
Technology of production of nano-diamond powder and then coating it with copper or other metals, plastic, machinery with respect to the well-known in the principles of technology, but at later stages of the project will require modification of the relative.
The proposed composite material after the completion of all of its manufacturing operations, takes the form of a complete geometric structures, for example - a prism that must be considered as a conductive object, to the extent of which are uniformly distributed dielectric spheres, made of synthetic diamonds.
The cross section of the conductor is large enough, and thanks to advanced three-dimensional structure, such a low electrical resistance of the conductor. Because the amount of conductive structures are inclusions of diamond grains (spheres), which are not current conductor, the current goes around these areas in the body structure and is only in the conductive volume.
This pattern of dispersion or distribution of current over a relatively large cross-section can dramatically reduce losses and speed up the passage of current. If there is a need to dispel the heat, a pseudo-porous structure of a specific lattice sites in the nodes which are diamond sphere, the thermal resistance which is 4-5 times lower than in the whole structure, so the heat flows into nodes of this grid and it provides a very rapid and intense outflow (dissipation) of heat from the source of its origin.
That is, in both cases, a phenomenon created by the three-dimensional distribution of the spotted areas with different specific thermal conductivity and electrical conductivity.
In addition, the size of capsules in the nanometer scale and finishing plastic deformation in the coldly-point, can significantly reduce the gaps between the capsules, which increases the effectiveness of screening and heat dissipation and current pulses.
Current and anticipated effect on heat dissipation is 4-5 times higher than the best performance in the existing technical solutions.
As an example of a composite material can be considered packaging and building a semiconductor laser (LD). For example, consider a laser diode with a multimode radiation and the output optical power of 1 watt. To control the operation of the diode is necessary to obtain the output power of 1 watt to submit at least 1 Amp of current. Voltage, taking into account the internal resistance of the diode laser and the control electronic system will be at least 2 volts. Thus the total power consumption is 2 watts, with real output power of 1 watt. Coefficient of power loss - 50% - this is the best indicator of a well-known for today.
That is the least-loaded with a multimode laser diode radiation (beam cross section is, - 300 micron x 1.3 micron) requires 1 watt of energy dissipation.
Standard housing for this type of diode is designated SOT-148 and its diameter mounting flange is 9 mm. In order to dispel such an enormous amount of heat is specific and needs a composite material capable of heterostructure laser diode, whose dimensions do not exceed the dimensions of a standard crystal semiconductor integrated circuit take the heat generated from the conversion into heat energy output of 1 watt.
The nominal operating temperature in an area of the heterostructure can not exceed 25-27 degrees Celsius (plus). In order to implement the transfer of the amount of heat to the solder hetero-structure composite media, which dissipates heat to the body diode, which in turn gives arose heat to the cooling (thermal electro - cooling ) system.
The more effective the material, the more efficient operation of the laser diode., Including stability, durability and power output. The problem is more acute if necessary, take the heat from a single-mode diode, since this type of diode beam cross section is a circle with a diameter less than 0.6 micron. In this case, the concentration of energy even higher, and the function and the removal of heat dissipation becomes more important.
Given the fact that only for the needs of all kinds of video systems, optical memory, optical storage memory to personal computers and similar products requires a system of laser light sources in different regions of the spectrum, the number of laser diodes for these needs is a year more than 100 million units at a price of laser diode power of 1 watt of more than $ 1,000.
In the bulk of today, the optical power of laser diodes used is about 80 milliwatt, but operating in the red spectral range and single-mode, so that the effective application of the new composite is extremely important.
Due to the fact that the proposed solution involves, and can be applied in a number of technological trends in the various fields, for the protection of the said technical solution - the so-called core technology, the company seems appropriate to draw the base material under application for a patent to be executed in as more general form, using common definitions.
This patent is designed and published:
United States Patent Application 20120040166
Kind Code A1
Livschits; Gabreal; et al. February 16, 2012
Composite Material, Method of Manufacturing and Device for Moldable Calibration
Composite materials and methods and systems for their manufacture are provided. According to one aspect, a composite material includes a collection of molded together multilayer capsules, each capsule originally formed of a core and shell. The shell, after a plastic deformation process, forms a pseudo-porous structure, with pores locations containing the capsule cores. The cores are made of a material, eg, synthetic diamond, which is harder than the external shell, which can be formed of, eg, a ductile metal such as copper. The composite material has high thermal and / or electrical conductivity and / or dissipation.
Inventors: Livschits; Gabreal; (San Francisco, CA); Flider; Gennadiy; (San Francisco, CA)
Serial No.: 108 597
Series Code: 13
Filed: May 16, 2011
As you develop applications of technology and expansion of its application, provided by the issuance of additional patent applications (CIP).
The main objective pursued and delivered in the underlying invention - improving the efficiency of the material in terms of thermal conductivity and heat dissipation, the rate of heat removal from the heat source and reliability of the selection process and heat recovery during prolonged operation of the object in which the stabilized level of temperature fluctuations;
- Improving the efficiency of the material in terms of electrical conductivity and the diffusion current, excluding loss of current passing through the structure and process reliability of transmission and diffusion current for a long period of work;
The technical solutions are applied to achieve the goal:
- Reduction of the diameter of capsules to a minimum, allowing the technology of their production (less is better);
- Calibration of the geometric shape of the structure due to plastic deformation of shells of capsules in a coldly-flow mode, it reduces the volume of voids in between capsules, reduces electrical and thermal resistance, improves the mechanical properties of the structure and remove the internal stresses in the three-dimensional structure of the hierarchy.
As of today know the following composite materials used for similar purposes:
Synthetic diamond mono- structure
Diamond-copper composite. In this composite mark - DMCH, - Diamond-Copper Composite (Diamond Metal Composite for Heat Sink). His company produces - SUMITOMO ELECTRIC USA, INC. According to the company's thermal resistance and thermal conductivity of this composite is only three times better than ordinary composites.
Modern electro-optical systems require much higher rates, 4-5 times better than ordinary composites. These results may give a proposed nano-composite material.
The company SUMITOMO ELECTRIC composite has a specified number of patent № 6,270,848 on August 7, 2001. Proposed by INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY, INC
solution with respect to this patent has the following advantages:
- Invented in the composite has only two components - the diamond spheres (grains) and the copper shell to them;
- Invented in the composite is heat-dispersing effect;
- In the present invention is a composite current-scattering effect;
- Have invented the electrical resistance of the composite is equivalent to the electrical resistance of copper;
- Invented composite is formed and is calibrated using a coldly-flow effect of copper (or any other ductile metal);
- Invented composite has high mechanical strength, due to the method of calibrating a state of fluidity, coldly;
- Invented composite has a high level of electrical conductivity due to the method of calibrating a state of fluidity, coldly;
- Invented composite has a more precise dimensions, due to the method of calibrating a state coldly-flow (cold drawn of metal or cold metalicity liquid state);
- Invented composite has a higher thermal conductivity due to the very small size capsules (nm) and calibrated by using a state of fluidity, coldly;
Based on the presence of a positive effect on the use of a composite material can be assumed options and directions of development of the following applications for various applications:
The core of the capsule - ceramics, shell capsules - copper, silver, aluminum, nickel;
- Tungsten - copper, silver, nickel, aluminum;
- Iron - aluminum, copper;
- Beryllium - aluminum;
- Magnesium - aluminum;
- Silicon - copper, silver, gold;
- Zirconium - aluminum;
- A diamond - copper, silver, gold;
- Pyro-ceramics - copper, silver, gold;
- Hard metal - copper, aluminum, cobalt, molybdenum,
An example of a composite material consisting of -
Magnesium - aluminum;
Of these composites can be manufactured based hard magnetic disks for computer storage drives. These discs, thanks to its technical characteristics, are able to operate at speeds up to more than 20,000 RPM.
These materials offer new opportunities and -
- The creation of hybrid discs;
- Coating technology in microelectronics;
- The creation of activating additives for fuels;
- For the manufacture of critical components
The proposed composite material can fundamentally change the operating conditions and performance high energy density electronic devices, lets you create a new generation of electronic devices, to a much lesser
extent dependent on the thermal characteristics. This is especially important for high-power pulse technique, which has the power at the peak of the pulse is greater than the rated capacity of the device.
As an example, a single-mode semiconductor laser with a nominal output optical power of 300 mw and a wavelength of 780 nanometers, which is being connected to the control electronics module, working in radio frequency (100 MHz) at the peak of the pulse duration of 10 ns, repeated every 10 nanoseconds, showed the output optical power is equal to 3.1 watt within 72 hours.
Said hetero-structure semiconductor laser (LD) has been installed on a substrate of the proposed composite material - made in the form of pseudo-spongy structure.
Additional features, which makes use of the material:
- Manufacture of instrument housings of the same material with homogeneous monotone structure;
- Implementation of bearing housings and parts of electronic devices in the form of a conductive sponge system capable of in case of sudden peak ripple current peak or sudden temperature fluctuations in the shortest time to dissipate and accumulate the excess energy of the sudden load;
- The ability to combine conductive and heat transfer function in the same structural elements;
The composition of the invention, created in the company of INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY, INC
are related to each other following partial solutions:
- The structure of the multilayer (multilevel) capsules;
- Geometric shape of the multilayer (multilevel) capsules - the sphere;
- The procedure of alternating layers (levels) in a spherical capsule;
- The order of the location and geometry of spherical capsules in three-dimensional structure of the product;
- The technological principle of manufacturing the product;
- An introduction to the process of making - Operations calibration geometric shape of the product after the first stage of compression;
- Operation of calibration in three-dimensional coordinate system;
- Operation in the calibration status of the material of the outer layer (shell) capsules, or a close equivalent of cold flow of metal constituting this shell;
- Remove all blank in the calibration conductive material of the cavities of the three-dimensional space of the product;
- Formation of three-dimensional product of pseudo-spongy structure, and the role of separating the points in this structure are less ductile materials from those used in the composite capsule;
- The use of cancellous structure of the product for heat dissipation and current in the entire volume;
- The use of pseudo-spongy structure of the product for the absorption (absorption) of excess energy produced during peak moments of pulse mode operation of the product;
- The use of state coldly-flow for the removal of internal stresses in the material and dimensional calibration of the three coordinates simultaneously;
- A combination of materials in the hierarchy of shells of spherical capsules in such a way that each successive layer is made of less rigid and more plastic material;
- A combination of materials in the hierarchy of the core and shell spherical capsule so that the kernel is always satisfied of the most solid of all the materials applied to create a capsule;
- Used as a basic principle of calibration - save without deformation of the solid core areas and the maximum level of plastic deformation of ductile materials the peripheral layers of the sphere of the capsule;
- Application for the calibration of a high surface pressure in a closed three-dimensional space;
- The application of the principle of equal distribution of pressure over all the coordinates (axes) of the closed three-dimensional space;
- Selection of the thicknesses of layers of plastically deformed so that the minimum thickness is greater than or equal to the diameter of the core capsule;
ADVANTAGES OF THE INVENTION IN THE COMPANY INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY, INC
- Heat-conductive and electrically conductive, foam composite pseudo three-dimensional structure of which is invented by a composite material, provides:
- The maximum heat dissipation;
- Current maximum absorption;
- A low electrical resistance;
- Low thermal resistance;
- Low loss current as it passes through the three-dimensional structure;
- Maximum speed of pulse signals with minimal loss of energy;
- The maximum level of absorption of energy pulses that occur with high frequency and having a short duration, comparable to the pulse frequency, and at the peak of the pulse energy intensity has a maximum value of at least two times greater than the nominal.
Among the indirect advantages of the invention in the company of INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY, INC
composite material should include the following:
- Materials and nano-spheres for use as the core of the capsule mass-produced on the basis of several identical processes;
- Processes for applying or building after a subsequent core layers (shells) are known and tested;
- Processes the volumetric calibration technique used in cold extrusion, the manufacture of molds, matrices, etc.;
Method of manufacturing a composite material has the added benefit resulting from the inventive features of the material:
As a result of giving the final geometry can be exceptionally high quality of the surface structure, with no additional machining and, if necessary, on the surface of the conductive coating film of synthetic diamond, and on which to mount an electronic component or solder. This feature is new;
Thus structurally the invention can be represented as an integrative hierarchy consisting of interconnected distinctive physical, structural and technological features, which are formed on the basis of the final properties of the object of the invention - a composite material.
Invented by and thermally conductive material is electrically conductive properties simultaneously buffer material has the ability to dissipate heat in the volume pulse and the associated fluctuations of electric current;
The goal set in this invention is determined by the properties of invented material and achieves in its application:
- Increase in power electronic devices in which you want to use these materials;
- Reduction in size of electronic devices in which you want to use these materials;
- Increasing the reliability of electronic devices in which you want to use these materials;
- Lengthening the lifetime of electronic devices in which you want to use these materials;
- Improving the overall efficiency of electronic devices in which you want to use these materials.